Topic: Keys to Supernatural Recovery 3
Text: 1 Samuel 30:9-10
“SO DAVID WENT, he and the six hundred men that were with him, and came to the brook Besor, where those that were left behind stayed. But David pursued, he and four hundred men: for two hundred abode behind, which were so faint that they could not go over the brook Besor.”
Good morning wonderful people of God. I believe that God is doing you well.
Today, in this series, we will study the third key for Supernatural recovery (For previous keys, see previous devotionals)
3. Obedience – “…so David went.”
If you want to experience supernatural recovery, then you must OBEY the instructions that God will be sending to you on your journey to Supernatural Recovery. Throughout scriptures, everyone who listened and obeyed God’s divine instructions, experienced breakthroughs, miracle and recovery.
What is obedience?
It is doing what God has said (commanded), how He said and when He wants it done. It is a timely response in accordance to God’s demand. When God asked Abraham to leave his kindred to an unknown land; the Bible said and he departed.
When God told him to take his long awaited son up the mountain to offer him there as a sacrifice, he obeyed promptly.
When God told Isaac not to leave the land he lived in but to remain there and sow; we were told that Isaac obeyed and enjoy 💯% increase.
In our text, we see that immediately David enquired and got an instruction from God, he promptly obeyed. Even when the journey of obedience became torturous and tiring, he kept at it( 1 Samuel 30:10).
A timeless lesson of obedience lies in John 2:5-11
“His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece.Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim. And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare it.When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom, And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now. This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.”
At the heart of every miracle of recovery or breakthroughs is obedience.
How does one obey?
1. Obey the word of God PROMPTLY. Any Obedience that is not prompt is not obedience at all
2. Obey TOTALLY. You cannot choose which part of the instruction to obey and which one to ignore. You must obey totally. We see the effect of not obeying fully in (1 Samuel 15:3,9) – the story of Saul instruction to destroy every thing in Amalek and how he choose what to destroy and what to spare. Obedience must be total.
3. Obedience must be cheerful in your spirit. What do I mean? You must have that rest and stillness in your spirit as you obey God’s instruction. You might not have a cheerful physical disposition because obeying certain instructions are not easy but you must have that rest in your spirit that God cannot lead you astray. So you obey with rest in your heart( Isaiah 30:15). Obey with the inner assurance that God cannot mismanage your life and destiny. God is on your side!
I pray for you today that
1. You will never weep anymore in Jesus name!
2. Every lost opportunity is regained now in Jesus name!
3. I see someone concluding a deal favourable this weekend in the mighty name of Jesus Christ!
4. A debt being owed someone is being paid this weekend in Jesus mighty name!
5. Someone Health is being restored now in Jesus mighty name!
Somebody shout a resounding Amen!!!
You can contact us, follow us or share your testimonies with us on our Facebook page @ threshold of faith church.